- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo pushed back against requests for depositions from the House, saying the effort amounted to “an act of intimidation."
- A Manhattan attorney is suing Chelsea Piers for $100,000 after a faulty batting machine sent a 75-mph fastball straight into his groin, injuring his left testicle.
- De Niro and Pacino talked to Variety about The Irishman and, of course, how much De Niro hates Trump.
- At least the trailer for Birds Of Prey looks like a massive improvement over Suicide Squad.
- Here's why Attorney General William Barr went on a wild goose chase in Rome last week.
- There's a rumor going around (that I want to believe) that Twin Peaks might come back for a fourth season on Showtime next year.
- Adele and Skepta are reportedly dating, and that is nice for them.
This NY Times Magazine profile of Rachel Maddow captures what people love about her: "What Maddow provides is the exciting rush of chasing a set of facts until a sane vision of the world finally comes into focus."
- A man was captured on video shouting racial slurs and waving around a blade on the subway.
- Director Todd Phillips told Vanity Fair doesn't think he's going to make any more comedies because he's too triggered by critics: “Go try to be funny nowadays with this woke culture,” Phillips said. “There were articles written about why comedies don’t work anymore—I’ll tell you why, because all the fucking funny guys are like, ‘Fuck this shit, because I don’t want to offend you.’”
- A woman from North Jersey is the first person in the state to die from an illness related to the national vaping outbreak.
- And finally, look at these beautiful blankets:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all