- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Rolling Stones announced their 2019 tour dates, including a show at MetLife Stadium in NJ.
- Which one of you bedazzled this pigeon??
- The Times offers an illustrated guide to getting out of social events.
- The White House has backed down from its legal fight with Jim Acosta, but it has unveiled new press conference rules.
- Nancy Pelosi is stuck between an out-of-control president leading the Republicans and a Democratic party filled with people who don't believe in her.
- A traffic stop in NYC led to a young black man being arrested for possession of marijuana. The Times obtained videos that offer a rare window into how far police may be willing to go to make an arrest.
- Donald Trump likes to pit elite and non-elite white people against each other, and The Atlantic asks: Why do white liberals play into his trap?
- BuzzFeed CEO Jonah Peretti’s plan to save digital media doesn't sound very good: merge a bunch of publishers into one digital behemoth that "could lobby for better business terms from Facebook and Google."
- Outside Mag has thoughtfully compiled their features on all the ways you can die horribly in the wilderness.
- Watch out for a sick raccoon who has reportedly taken up residence inside the Fort Hamilton F/G subway station.
- Social media is rotting some people's brains.
- And finally, the best part of the day is the sleepiest part of the day:
It’s not even a mood anymore, it’s who I am.
📸 nutsaboutgus pic.twitter.com/gVR5db2L7x
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) November 19, 2018