- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Meet Uuno, who is a VERY GOOD video game motion capture star.
- California scientists have been given $213K to study cow farts.
- The iPhone era has ushered in a new fondness and affinity for analog photography that has turned clunky, brightly colored cameras into necessary accessories.
- Drew Magary interviewed Pierce Brosnan.
- What effect will the L train shutdown have on rental prices?
- This is a good longread about the burgeoning sex robot industry.
- The New Yorker looks at incels and male supremacy culture.
- Wired has “the untold story” of Robert Mueller and his time in Vietnam, including never-before-seen photos from his battalion.
- Two lost pages from Anne Frank's diary, containing prurient jokes and "sexual matter," have been uncovered.
- The New York Trolls ask: did Sex & The City inspire you to move to NYC?
- Twitter is going to try to limit the visibility of jerks.
- Check out this gorgeous forthcoming Beastie Boys book (including cookbook, map, graphic novel).
- A wild turkey has taken up residence on a Staten Island man's property, and he isn't going anywhere.
- And finally, this cool doggo knows how to stay cool:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today