- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- What do you think was the happiest day on the Internet during this decade?
- NYC lawmakers don't understand why the DOH suddenly started cracking down on CBD either, and they sent a letter demanding an explanation as they continue drawing up legislation to make CBD edibles officially legal.
- Another week, another fantastic new Tierra Whack song—she also had a memorable performance on Jimmy Kimmel.
- Here's a disturbing clip of Jerry Falwell Jr. and Donald Trump Jr. "joking around" about shooting AOC (and also Muslims).
- A major new study found NO link between vaccines and autism.
- A homeless man died while sitting at the platform of the Herald Square subway station, and people shared ghoulish photos of the man covered in a sheet while police investigated the scene.
- The Washington Post recounts how Trump stopped people from seeing his high school records and transcript.
- Despite giving it a 13-episode straight-to-series order, NBC is hitting the brakes on Law & Order: Hate Crimes spinoff for now.
- A home birth attendant beloved by Mennonite women is facing felony charges for practicing midwifery, and in a rare move, Mennonite women are speaking publicly in her defense.
- School of Rock actor Joey Gaydos Jr. was busted for allegedly stealing guitars and an amplifier.
- And finally, you're damn right I need to hold your hand to cross the street:
The most surprising 15 seconds of my life by far pic.twitter.com/5nukg2RxvW
— Natalie B. Compton (@NatBCo) March 1, 2019