- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Ringer talked to '70s film star Jessica Harper about her fascinating career.
- Headline of the day: "Experience: I got my head stuck in a pumpkin."
- Jay Firestone spent three months undercover inside New York's alt-right scene.
- The FilmStruck indie, arthouse and classic film subscription-streaming service will shut down next month.
- Is the viral dance challenge dead, or are people just really embarrassed on behalf of Paul McCartney?
- A gunman who killed two people at a Kroger supermarket in Jeffersontown, Kentucky, on Wednesday tried to enter a predominantly black church minutes before the attack.
- Netflix very unexpectedly cancelled American Vandal (but it sounds like other networks are interested in picking it up).
- RIP Megyn Kelly Today.
- Terrible-sounding Silicon Valley people are demanding that nannies hide phones, tablets, computers and TVs from their charges—and they're also spying on each other's nannies and sharing the info via private social networks.
- The Kinks (!)—Ray Davies, Dave Davies and Mick Avory—reflect on their masterpiece The Village Green Preservation Society.
- Watch current and past Sesame Street cast members join the Sesame Street Muppet Performers to sing "Sing" for Caroll Spinney's retirement party.
- And finally, is it time for the weekend yet?
me trying to comprehend totally logical advice from friends
📹: mayathedox pic.twitter.com/u6HzqxK3aS
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) October 26, 2018