Photograph by eviltuna7 on Flickr
- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The nouveau riche in China are getting an old-fashioned accessory: Mistresses. Says one man, "Keeping a mistress is just like playing golf. Both are expensive hobbies."
- "Bill Clinton will be guest speaker at Seamen's Society event on Staten Island on Oct. 27."
- Is this al dente? Is there cheese? Pictures of turtles eating pasta!
- People really love Andrew Cuomo.
- A bee's nest is gone from a park after the insects allegedly attacked a mother and a child.
- Kid, of Kid and Play, says his arrested was a LAPD paperwork goof.
- You know what's invasive and attacking upstate lakes? Asian clams.
- David Einhorn may only get 17% of the Mets.
- That kid who was robbed by London rioters rifling through his backpack? Well, some jerk stole his bike right before the video started.
- FYI: Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back.
- And happy 165th birthday, Smithsonian.