- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- EV Grieve has a very depressing Vine picturing shuttered storefronts on 14th Street.
- Werner Herzog narrated a Kickstarter video for a special salt and it is wonderful.
- Penelope Cruz essentially made a six minute softcorn porn for her lingerie line commercial.
- Mayoral hopeful Bill Thompson pulled a 25.5 hour, five borough campaign stunt.
- Would you swim in a pool that uses runoff water typically diverted to Superfund site Newtown Creek?
- Oh God they really are making another Jason Bourne film.
- Alert: the serial subway face puncher in Harlem asks his victims the time before striking.
- And finally, who are we to deny this cat/turtle love affair?
We rely on your support to make local news available to all