- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- An attorney who said he was speaking with Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani reassured Michael Cohen in an April 2018 email that Cohen could "sleep well tonight" because he had "friends in high places."
- Wait, is de Blasio...is he really thinking about...he's not serious is he...?
- Speaking of which...does this Vanity Fair cover article mean Beto O'Rouke is running for president or what???
- A longtime Midwood resident is being threatened with eviction from his rent-regulated digs because, his landlord says, his vast collection of books and paper is a hazard.
- Deadspin has a very good piece examining the use and misuse of the rhetorical "we."
- Jay Leno has some very unsurprising thoughts about the state of late night shows: "Everyone has to know your politics," he said. "I’d just like to see a bit of civility come back to it, you know?"
- Kit Harrington and Emma Stone will be hosting SNL in April.
- Notorious troll Jacob Wohl faked death threats against himself.
- Twitter is listening to Kanye West and testing out some big changes to how likes and engagement counts will work in future.
- Do you get extra horny when you're sick? You're not alone.
- Here is the only story you need to read this week about the enigma that is Hans Moleman.
- A Yonkers man and his dog jumped into a frozen reservoir to save two other dogs that had fallen through the ice in a heroic rescue that was caught on video.
- Meghan McCain took the brave stance of defending her own family's history of legacy admissions.
- A Brooklyn survivor of clergy sex abuse released a statement in response to the diocese’s call for an apology from SNL's Pete Davidson: "It’s absurd that the Brooklyn Diocese is portraying itself as victim of Pete Davidson’s Saturday Night Live joke when priests in Brooklyn and across New York preyed on vulnerable children."
- And finally, Kratu might have lost the agility competition, but he won my heart:
Kratu's back! 🤣🤣 pic.twitter.com/ng2PlSa44Z
— Crufts (@Crufts) March 8, 2019