- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A sanitation worker says he failed a drug test because he unknowingly ate pot brownies.
- Parents who named their baby after Atticus Finch have decided to give it a new name, now that Harper Lee's new novel depicts Atticus as racist.
- A water main broke in Brooklyn yesterday and it was actually kind of pretty.
- A massive fire broke out at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas today.
- Twitter has no problem taking down your stolen jokes.
- Toronto's new mascot is way cuter than Rob Ford.
- An explainer on the most beautiful vagina contest, which is a thing that exists.
- No one understands anything about Donald Trump.
- A zoo in Columbus, Ohio is pressing charges against a man who jumped over a fence to pet some cougars.
- And finally, a penguin goes shopping:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today