- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump has a ridiculously complicated method for "liking" tweets.
- A woman who was scammed out of thousands of dollars gave an interview to the New York Times recounting her experience and how it strained her marriage—she was later shot and killed by her husband.
- Was this cat trying to murder its owner while they slept—or were they just giving them a hug?
- If you're thinking about the Manson murders in light of Once Upon A Time...In Hollywood, check out this New Republic piece about a Manson follower who left the “family” just in time.
- Federal officials say they've found a missile launcher in a man's luggage at the airport in Baltimore.
- Hmm, who would have thought that a "positive ticketing" campaign might immediately backfire?
- If you are a "nudity-loving New Yorker," then this is the events club you'll want to check out.
- Lawyers for Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, who is accused of being the mastermind of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, are arguing that confessions given to the FBI should be ruled inadmissible because interrogations conducted at Guantánamo Bay are tarnished by earlier torture at CIA sites.
- Learn about The Oneida Community, one of New York State's very own bizarre cults: "From its practices of 'free love' (that make the Playboy Mansion look like Disney world), the sexual mentoring, the 'bible communism' and experimentations in selective breeding, to the half-a-billion-dollar silverware manufacturing giant that it later became."
- Jeremy Lin got emotional about free agency and wondering if his career was coming to an end: "Rock bottom seems to be getting more and more rock bottom for me."
- And finally, a cat gets a fresh cut:
fresh cut pic.twitter.com/pYzbXqHYUz
— プルー (@jabronirl) July 29, 2019