- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump is sooooo over the moon—now he only wants us to go to "Mars (of which the Moon is a part)."
- The best gift you can give yourself today is listening to the superb new collection of unreleased Prince jams, Originals.
- In case you missed it, Uber copters are now offering flights from Manhattan to JFK.
- Gwyneth Paltrow genuinely did not know she was in Spider-Man: Homecoming—watch her find out in this clip.
- Unexpected headline of the week: "String Cheese Is Threatening This New York Town's Water Supply."
- There are only two Dance Dance Revolution machines left in Manhattan, but they are still quite beloved.
- May was apparently the second wettest month on record in the U.S.
- Where were you when Force Majeure went viral on Twitter?
- Barnes & Noble has been acquired by a hedge fund for $476 million.
- When white students at a Minnesota school posted a slur to Snapchat, black classmates demanded action—their efforts led to uncomfortable conversations about race.
- And finally, a little interspecies love to jumpstart your weekend:
eddie and boomer made a new friend
(eddieandboomer IG) pic.twitter.com/AcS8vIvbys
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) June 7, 2019