- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- At his Bedminster, New Jersey golf course Saturday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to extend federal unemployment benefits at $400 a week but whoops, the Constitution actually prohibits him from doing this.
- “He is exactly who he needs to be exactly when he needs to be it. One minute, he’s petting a child on the head like a kitten. The next, he’s thrusting his oversized midsection toward a Washington Capitals fan in an unmistakable “Screw you.” Angry, then loving. Aggressive, then gentle. Gritty.” Cherish every word of this profile in NJ.com.
- My feelings are personally injured that Cellino & Barnes billboards are disappearing from the city.
- Joe Arpaio lost the Republican primary for his former job as Maricopa County sheriff.
- Some universities are seeing growing student interest in a movement to dismantle fraternities and sororities -- which some students call “a system of exclusive groups that were historically limited to the white and wealthy” that bucks “their newfound resolve to dismantle oppressive institutions.”
- A southern right whale and her calf swimming near Manly Beach in Sydney paid some surfers a memorable visit.
- On this International Cat Day, get to know this dangerous predator:
Extra Extra: Trump Signs Toothless Executive Order On Unemployment
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: