- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Why does de Blasio look like he's 98 in this bizarro NBC News cartoon icon?
- It's not surprising that Mitch McConnell doesn't believe in reparations—it is shocking that he said this: "We've tried to deal with our original sin of slavery by fighting a civil war, by passing landmark civil rights legislation. We elected an African American president."
- Wired takes a look at Backpage.com's ongoing feud with the Feds.
- Trump was asked about his campaign against the Central Park Five, and he of course refused to apologize for saying they should be executed: "You have people on both sides of that. They admitted their guilt."
- This is what it's like to eat at the Garfield-themed restaurant in Toronto.
- Ken Burns talking about "Old Town Road" and its historical significance to country music brought a tear to my eye.
- Gender reveal cakes are lame, dumb and antiquated.
- Here is a horrifying report about domestic violence from a Trump appointee and his family: "In the months that he has served as President Trump's acting secretary of defense, Patrick Shanahan has worked to keep domestic violence incidents within his family private."
- Joe Biden stopped by Stonewall today and bought everyone a round of drinks.
- Here come the sobriety influencers.
- According to the latest rumors, the next Bob Dylan Bootleg Series release will cover the period from John Wesley Harding through Nashville Skyline.
- If you're going to cheat, then at least build a special pen to do so.
- And finally, what a precious angel beast:
Who wants a hug ?? 🐶♥️🤗
( bono_ogolden IG ) pic.twitter.com/jufIYaNCk0
— Stefano S. Magi (@myworld2121) June 18, 2019