- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The NY Times, for the hundredth time over the last two years, writes about how "to a degree that is unique to this period and this president, disputes over politics have divided Americans’ homes, strained marriages, ruined friendships and invaded the workplace."
- Make your day better by watching handicapped dogs enjoying playtime.
- What's the dumbest way you've injured yourself?
- The GOP could lose up to 72 House seats in the midterms.
- An argument over whether Halle Berry would play Aretha Franklin in her upcoming biopic led to a shooting in Virginia.
- Paul Walker's brothers want to bring him back to the Fast & Furious series, which sounds pretty complicated.
- During a White House meeting with various vets organizations, Trump got into a bizarre, petty, pointless, protracted argument with Vietnam War vets about the movie Apocalypse Now and the herbicide Agent Orange.
- Renée Zellweger will star in an upcoming Netflix series titled What/If that sounds like a creepy Sliding Doors.
- The Times covers the dangerous lives of delivereros.
- HBO has given Damon Lindelof’s Watchmen adaptation a first season order for 2019.
- And finally, make sure you eat some watermelon this weekend:
Perfect for the heat😍
📹: margobean pic.twitter.com/qOYV7IDopq
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) August 17, 2018