- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Oh yeah, Trump's acting attorney general served on the advisory board of a Florida company that a federal judge shut down last year and fined nearly $26 million after the government accused it of scamming customers: “Defendants and their lawyers have threatened consumers with lawsuits and even criminal charges and imprisonment for making any kind of complaint,” the trade commission’s complaint said.
- The Wall Street Journal reports that federal prosecutors have gathered evidence of Trump's participation in hush payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal that violated campaign-finance laws.
- Trump, who is a bully who only understands the language of bullies, threatens to revoke more press passes today if reporters did not “treat the White House with respect."
- Trump, who is also a liar, also said today "I don’t know Matt Whitaker," even though Whitaker has visited the Oval Office several times and is said to have a chummy relationship with Trump.
- It's Friday, so take a break from the depressing stuff by watching this incredibly cool early/rare Pavement show from 1991.
- Agnes Gund, a wealthy white woman who spent a lifetime fighting for racial justice, is the last good rich person.
- The West Village Shake Shack is at the forefront of Shake Shack innovations.
- This is the best thing you'll look at this weekend: photos of dogs catching treats midair.
- Check out a beautiful close-up shot of Jupiter's storms.
- This report about a Boston pizza chain being the best in the country is very fake news.
- Axios knows that haters gonna hate.
- The New Yorker investigates Havana Syndrome, a.k.a. the unexplained brain injuries that have affected dozens of American diplomats and spies.
- What's the kindest way of breaking up with someone?
- And finally, end your Friday with this delightful video:
this french bulldog playing with a balloon is the most wholesome thing on the internet today😊 pic.twitter.com/9wvypOZafS
— Ian Laking (@IHLaking) November 8, 2018