- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- CNN compiled a list of Trump's 40 most outrageous lies from his AP interview.
- A senior official in the Treasury Department has been arrested and charged with disclosing sensitive financial transaction reports pertaining to multiple entities tied to President Donald Trump and Russia, including former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, to a reporter.
- Is this Kendrick Lamar/a-Ha mashup brilliant or insane?
- Panasonic's human horse blinkers will keep office workers from being distracted.
- NYPD civilian traffic agent Linda Mercer was diagnosed with a terminal illness after working at Ground Zero after 9/11—so why can't civilian employees like her get the same unlimited sick leave as cops, firefighters and sanitation workers?
- Happy Canada marijuana legalization day!
- A VERY good U.S. Customs beagle sniffed out an entire roast pig hidden in someone's bag, and he looks VERY proud of himself for doing so.
- A teen got in trouble after she baked her grandfather's ashes into cookies and gave them out at school.
- Eighth Grade star Elsie Fisher will star in a film adaptation of The Shaggs musical.
- Could psychedelic drugs fix partisan politics? This Vox writer thinks so.
- Nathan Fielder has made it official: the brilliant Nathan For You is done.
- 1,495 Americans described the financial reality of being really sick as part of study.
- New Yorkers and tuna melts: the greatest love story.
- A senior Turkish official confirmed that journalist Jamal Khashoggi was tortured, beheaded and dismembered inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul two weeks ago.
- Wait, what does Kanye mean when he writes that he wants to "transform zoos"???
- And finally, time to go back to bed:
📹: ama_llama_aussie6 pic.twitter.com/dCkWnAt5yw
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) October 17, 2018