- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Variety reports that SAG-AFTRA "will consider expelling President Donald Trump from membership over his role in inciting the attack on the U.S. Capitol two weeks ago."
- In a speech on the floor of the Senate, soon-to-be Minority Leader Mitch McConnell issued a rare rebuke of soon-to-be former President Trump, acknowledging the "mob" that stormed the Capitol "was fed lies. They were provoked by the President and other powerful people."
- Tomorrow we get a new president and a new vice president — you'll be able to watch the inauguration here.
- Hear me out: this is a pretty cool building.
- Is the guy who played Christopher on Gilmore Girls supporting the insurrectionists?
- Rough Trade in Williamsburg is closing, but Rough Trade isn't closing-closing, because "demand for vinyl is positively booming."
- Would you rather have Tom Holland or Timothée Chalamet star in a Willy Wonka prequel?
- Happy 75th birthday, Dolly Parton (hope you got cake and got vaccinated!)
- Finally, a new Lubalin drop:
Extra Extra: Trump May Lose His Union Card Over Insurrection
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: