- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The NY Times caught up with one of the Times Square crutch fight guys.
- Little girl leaves very specific instructions for her stuffed animals when her family is evacuated for Isaac.
- Here's a nice roundup of Republicans talking about rape.
- FX picked up Charlie Sheen's show Anger Management for another NINETY episodes.
- A 22-year-old Brooklyn man who suffers from schizophrenia stabbed his mother and brother in front of his 8-year-old sister in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
- Imagine if you could bike everywhere without ever pedaling.
- Mayor Bloomberg defended the two officers who fatally shot Jeffrey Johnson near the Empire State Building, wounding nine others in the process: “Let me ask you this, Miss, ‘Somebody pointed a gun at you, and you had a gun in your pocket, what would you do?”
- Michael Douglas has signed up to play Ronald Reagan in a new film—hologram Reagan also might make an appearance at the RNC tonight, according to some Fox conspiracy theorists.
- Eddy Curry might be getting one more chance at playing in NYC with the Nets.
- If you see cops washing a table with bleach, you should probably run.
- And finally, don't you wish you were greeted like this every day you came home:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today