- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Teens who went too hard at a Long Beach house party on Saturday had to be hospitalized.
- Bill de Blasio fired the former deputy commissioner with the Department of Citywide Administrative Services as a warning shot to other commissioners not to step out of line, according to the fired man.
- The city's only Congressional Republican, Dan Donovan, says he'll support two bills in Congress that would grant legal status to DREAMers.
- Musicians pay their tributes to Chuck Berry, who died at 90 this weekend.
- Rand Paul wants to bring in the lie detector tests to catch whoever leaked details of Mike Flynn's conversations with Russia's ambassador to the U.S.
- Even Paul Ryan is finding problems in his health care bill now.
- A North Carolina court ruled that an attempt by the state legislature to strip power from the new governor violated the state constitution.
- Boy, the Toolman really dug himself into a hole this time: Tim Allen thinks that conservatives in Hollywood face "1930s Germany" consequences.
- And finally, let's get excited about the upcoming baseball season with the 100 longest home runs of 2016:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today