- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- There was a flurry of Trump/Ukraine news today: Rudy Giuliani was subpoenaed by House Democrats for any communications and other records related to his attempts to pressure Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden. The Wall Street Journal reports Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was among administration officials who listened in to that infamous call. And Trump said the White House was “trying to find out” the identity of the whistleblower.
- Oh, and the cherry on top: the Times reports that Trump pushed the Australian prime minister during a recent telephone call to help Attorney General William Barr gather information for a Justice Department inquiry that Trump hopes will discredit the Mueller investigation.
- A family said they had to flee their $11K/month apartment because of the smell of animal poop from a PetSmart below them.
- Jia Tolentino tries to explain the very specific appeal of TikTok.
- The Ringer ranked every Breaking Bad episode.
- Vanity Fair has a thorough oral history of Lilith Fair.
- The creators of Untitled Goose Game talked to Vulture about their delightful, viral game.
- Netflix confirmed they've renewed Stranger Things for a fourth season.
- Bill Maher talked about his obsession with political correctness with the NY Times Magazine.
- The cutting edge of technology is... self-driving garbage cans.
- How come people don't wear suits anymore?
- NASA Chief Scientist Jim Green thinks news of life on Mars is coming soon, and the public isn't prepared to hear it.
- Here's a terrifying, important piece about domestic abuse and the impunity of abusive police officers: "Factors that lead to abuse at home—coercion, authoritarianism, a sense of entitlement to violence—are present in the work that police officers do on the streets. It should not be surprising that domestic abuse appears to predict excessive use of force."
- And finally, this dog knows how to share:
Extra Extra: Okay Fine What's The Deal With TikTok?
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: