Extra Extra: This Instagram Lake Is Actually Filled With Toxic Waste, Suckers
- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump’s July Fourth "Salute to America" event, and the weekend protests, bankrupted the D.C. security fund, the Washington Post reports.
- Louisiana is bracing for (likely) Hurricane Barry, which could make landfall on Saturday.
- Dean & DeLuca, which opened its first shop in 1977 and was bought by Pace Development in 2014, will be closing stores "as debts pile up" (though the SoHo shop will remain open, for now).
- A bright blue lake in Siberia has become Instagram bait... but influencers beware: that water is TOXIC WASTE.
- A woman was fatally impaled through the eyeball by a metal straw when she fell.
- Amazon's HQ2 in Virginia "has yet to break ground... but residents are already turning away persistent speculators, recalculating budgets for down payments on homes and fighting rent increases."
- It has come to our attention that Tom Hanks is NOT "feeling like a new me" after just two weeks of using [redacted] CBD products.
- Please chill out and enjoy this lovely 16-minute Phish peformance of "Beneath a Sea of Stars" (from Trey Anastasio's Ghosts of the Forest project), from their show last night at Mohegan Sun: