- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- BlacKkKlansman star Laura Harrier told Variety that when she walked around Brooklyn in her '70s outfit and afro, "People were giving me black power fists."
- The famous Brooklyn Heights Watchtower sign was actually illegal.
- The FBI agent who criticized Trump in text messages has been fired.
- Finally, someone has compiled an extensive oral history of Four Loko.
- Thom Yorke will play King's Theater in November as part of a solo tour.
- The disgraced former head of the Queens Library is getting his $248,000 annual pension PLUS $200,000/year as a consultant
- A Philly Mag columnist claims Millennials have killed the mayo industry, hilariously bemoaning "the inexorable rise of identity condiments."
- Rep. Keith Ellison is denying allegations made public on Saturday that he physically abused an ex-girlfriend.
- What's AJ Daulerio been up to since the end of Gawker?
- Buffalo apparently has very good pizza.
- Stephen Colbert doesn't regret having Sean Spicer on the Emmys: "Not at all. I had no fear that it would redeem him."
- LOL Trump apparently doesn't understand how time zones work.
- And finally, cats investigate a very suspicious toy:
This is too adorable
📹: vlenika pic.twitter.com/cHmnN0Md8H
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) August 12, 2018