- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The NY Times wants us all to say something nice about Trump.
- In 2014, an FBI translator with a top-secret security clearance traveled to Syria and married a key ISIS operative she had been assigned to investigate.
- Oliver Stone's next project: four hours worth of interviews with Putin for Showtime.
- The New Yorker takes a long look at how Trump could get fired.
- When baseball stadium proposals go wrong.
- Trump is ending Michelle Obama's girls education program.
- Members of Echo, an old-fashioned web forum, have been snarking together long enough to make it into retirement.
- BuzzFeed reports on an incident from 2009 when Trump’s casino business went bankrupt, and a lawyer representing investors told police he got a menacing call from a man who said "we're going to your house for your wife and kids" if he didn’t stop "f*cking with Mr. Trump."
- The Statue of Liberty is going dark this week (so don't be alarmed).
- On the eve of Master of None season two, Aziz Ansari gets a big feature story in New York Magazine this week.
- An FBI agent left his loaded gun in the back of a cab after leaving the Salty Dog this weekend.
- And finally, pups gone wild:
Extra, Extra: The New Yorker Explains How Trump Could Get Fired
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: