- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Mark Sanchez has entered the "What have you done, Axl Rose?" period of his career.
- Speaking of which, today is also the anniversary of the Jets' infamous buttfumble.
- Two Staten Island men were arrested for stealing 84 cases of beer.
- Think Snapchat is just a passing trend? This is just the beginning.
- Mayor Bloomberg is super serious about banning styrofoam before he leaves office.
- Patti Smith is surprisingly very into The Hunger Games.
- This is why we don't eat Turkey eggs.
- Fox News apparently uses a "leg cam" to ogle at women's legs.
- A Goodfellas actor pleaded guilty to ordering a mob beatdown on someone who owes him money.
- An ad featuring a U.S. soldier embracing a Muslim woman wearing a hijab has been nixed from a Times Square billboard.
- And finally, a scuba diver makes friends with a seal:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today