- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- ICYMI: here are our favorite albums of 2016.
- Two hundred cops and $500K per day are needed to keep Trump Tower secure.
- These were the best memes of 2016.
- Park Slope has a virtual reality arcade now.
- Patti Smith writes eloquently in the New Yorker about her struggle to perform Bob Dylan’s “A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall” during the Nobel Prize ceremony.
- Sandy Hook truthers are some of the worst people in America.
- You better change your password if you still have a Yahoo account...
- Maybe Starbucks baristas are purposefully misspelling your name.
- There may be a real "Man Flu."
- Here's the $30K ugly Christmas sweater you need.
- Yes, I would listen to a 28-hour podcast on the Beatles, why do you ask?
- Twitter was cut out of Trump's tech meeting today because they wouldn't go along with a #CrookedHillary emoji.
- Kendrick Lamar is about to play...somewhere...in Brooklyn.
- And finally, a puppy enjoys a bath:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today