- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Cats aren't cool. You know what's cool? Tiny rescued kitties in crocheted outfits.
- Man steals balloons and pizza from kid's birthday party in real life Old School moment.
- Airbnb wants to hire you to be their in-house “Heart Baker”—but you must have an understanding of “raw, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, paleo and whole grain products.”
- That teen who has been in jail because of sarcastic Facebook comment has been regularly beaten by other inmates to the point where he had to be put in solitary confinement and placed on suicide watch.
- The NYC Office Of Emergency Management tweeted today that "Sharknado isn’t real (we hope), but emergencies happen every day.”
- Former Knick Baron Davis casually mentions he was abducted by aliens recently, but it went swell, so no biggie.
- Here are the 17 most twee sex toys of all time.
- Polish archeologists have discovered what they believe to be a vampire gravesite which was designed to make sure the dead "stayed dead."
- Are all Pixar movies connected? Here is a very compelling argument that they are.
- That new Arcade Fire album is finally coming out in October.
- BREAKING: the city is noisy.
- And finally, here are some excellent tips on what to do if you encounter a bear:
Extra, Extra: The Mind-Blowing Unified Theory Of Pixar Films
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: