- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Hear Tom Waits songs like you've never heard them before: in Hebrew!
- Sexiness may be entirely subjective, but Adam Levine is objectively not sexy.
- World famous hotel made of ice needs smoke alarms.
- This is the best story about a dog and baby that nap together you'll see today.
- Bacon-flavored candy canes? Sure, why not.
- Notorious "Purple Gang" mobster Michael Meldish, who controlled the 1980s drug trade in the Bronx and Harlem, was found dead in his car.
- Preacher might be coming to AMC!
- Finally: a Twin Peaks-inspired fashion line.
- Barry Diller thinks that Airbnb is great for really lonely people.
- A Manhattan man is in critical condition after he jumped from a moving Metro North train.
- This white lady really, really wishes she were living in the Victorian era.
- And finally, look at these delightful dummies playing with ice cubes:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today