- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Bike ambassadors are trying to get cyclists to be nicer in Riverside Park.
- Ethan Hawke and Vincent D'Onofrio may co-star in a new NBC cop drama.
- Have scientists discovered our own Tatooine?
- Twelve hours after he was released from lockup, a career criminal was picked up for trying to rob someone.
- Meet the Amish Eight, who refused to pay fines for not attaching orange safety triangles to their horse-drawn buggies.
- The Simpsons already (kind of) did it: a man severed his thumb while sawing...so doctors replaced the digit with his toe.
- The Madoff family wrote a book on Madoff, featuring interviews with Ruth, Andrew and Andrew's fiancee, and it'll be rushed out in October.
- Here's a few more reasons why the world needs to get rid of Toddlers & Tiaras: “It doesn’t matter if you can breathe or not, it only matters if you look beautiful.”
- A man's plot to kill his lover's husband fell through when his fake beard fell off in the middle of the attack...where's an inflatable beard when you need one...
- For the man who can't grow his own: an inflatable beard for gentlemen.
- And finally, this is the cutest abandoned gingery-brown seal pup you'll see today. Thankfully, he's since been adopted by a local dolphinarium!
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today