- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Michelle Yeoh has been cast in the new Star Trek series.
- The new Spider-Man visited kids at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
- Here's why you should call your legislator, not just tweet into the echo chamber.
- Of course Billy Joel helped build Bruce Springsteen's motorcycle which broke down.
- Watch the first trailer for Martin Scorsese's new movie, Silence.
- R.I.P. Ralph Branca, who threw the pitch that became The Shot Heard ‘Round The World.
- The Last Waltz really is the best Thanksgiving movie.
- Thanksgiving eve is apparently the best night to get laid.
- Hillary Clinton's lead in the popular vote is inching toward 2 million.
- The debate over political correctness and its effect on the election has inspired pieces in Esquire and The Cut today.
- The revenge of the squirrels has begun.
- Dogs may have episodic memories just like humans.
- A law for banning gay conversion therapy in upstate New York has been titled the Prevention of Emotional Neglect and Childhood Endangerment, aka PENCE.
- And finally, this compilation of great 2016 puppy videos is required viewing:
Extra, Extra: The Best Thanksgiving Movie Of All Time
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: