- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A Michigan man has been charged with murder nearly five years after the death of his wife — who died after eating a bowl of cereal spiked with heroin.
- Here is a harrowing account of one woman's nightmare experience at Google.
- Kenan Thompson wants to stay at SNL as long as he can: “That’s the forever plan... To never have to leave that show.”
- Here is a delightful interview in which Andie MacDowell talks all about Michael .
- We will let Paul Krugman take this one about the NY Times' revisiting the Tea Party: "Oh, God. Are we still pretending that the Tea Party was about small government and concern about budget deficits? It was always, from the beginning, about racial anger; opposition to big government only to the extent that it helps Those People...any notion that the Tea Party failed in its objectives is nonsense. It was all about racial animosity; and now they have a president who legitimizes and feeds that animosity. They don't care about deficits, and never did."
- Mystery of the day: "Some believe they’re footprints from the gods, others think they’re formed by dancing fairies or UFOs, but no-one can explain these millions of mysterious circles in the desert."
- The Atlantic gets closer to cracking a universal theory of "mom jeans."
- A child survived after he jumped into a trash compactor chute in East Harlem.
- Pusha-T released a new song featuring Ms. Lauryn Hill.
- NY Times Magazine has a feature piece on Asian Americans, the history of admissions in elite higher education, and the word ‘diversity’ and what it means to Harvard.
- We did it everyone: Ed Sheeran says he's stepping back from music for awhile.
- Check out the sexy first teaser trailer for HBO's sexy show about sexy popes, The New Pope.
- A travel blogger with over 280,000 followers on Instagram has admitted to photoshopping her photos to add clouds into the background...but why would anyone do that?
- And finally, this otter who desperately wants pets is just too much for words:
Extra Extra: What's So Bad About Mom Jeans?
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: