- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The well-off are trying to buy their way to the front of the COVID-19 vaccine line, offering hospitals as much as $25,000 to get the much-coveted shot.
- Imagine hearing rustling coming from your Christmas tree and finding a raccoon inside it? A Florida woman did a pretty good job encountering the drama that involved her dog and a chandelier.
- Actor Jim Carrey is retiring his portrayal of President-elect Joe Biden.
- Even as President Donald Trump enters his last 30 days in office, he's still trying to do his best to hold on to his power, hearing out "crackpots or conspiracy theorists" over how he can retain that power.
- Speaking of conspiracy theories, the president is now looking at Sidney Powell as a special prosecutor for election fraud. Even Rudy Giuliani seemed surprised.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci took a trip to the North Pole and vaccinated Santa Claus himself!
- Here's what happens when a Christmas tree mixes with Gritty, the Philadelphia Flyers mascot.
- And finally, with just under a week before Christmas, this little guy is ready:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all