- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A man in Algeria was sentenced to two years in prison after posting photos that show him dangling a baby out of a building window, and captioning the pics with, "1,000 likes or I will drop him."
- According to BuzzFeed, a secret government report confirms that the Chelsea Manning leaks caused no real harm to US national security.
- OJ Simpson is set to face a parole hearing this July, and could be released.
- BAM has put more than 70,000 playbills, posters and ephemera from their archives online.
- The Village Voice begs the universe: please let the Knicks keep Kristaps Porzingis.
- The Outline goes into Apple's global war on leakers.
- It's the ten year anniversary of the iPhone.
- Two straphangers jumped off a stalled F train to walk to the next station.
- Evergreen headline: Mike Francesa had no idea he used a racially insensitive term.
- Daniel Day-Lewis is either retiring from acting, or preparing for his next role playing an actor who retires.
- A new Pew study finds that imprisoning drug offenders doesn't impact drug use.
- And finally, puppies conquering their fear of stairs:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today