- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- On top of all the controversy about Governor Andrew Cuomo's underreporting of nursing home COVID deaths at the start of the pandemic, the state has been lowballing overall COVID deaths this whole time.
- Across the country, young people with computers have been volunteering to help seniors sign up for vaccine appointments.
- Elon Musk, the world's richest person, said he's selling off "almost all" of his personal belongings, including his homes, to free up cash to put towards colonizing Mars.
- Incredible tips, over-the-top VIP requests, and street harassment by people who saw their uniforms: Employees of the steakhouse inside the Trump D.C. hotel describe working there while the owner was in the White House.
- A new book on exercising by a Harvard biology professor contends that humans were never meant to exercise.
- Bruce Blackburn, the graphic designer who created the iconic NASA "worm" font logo, died at 82.
- Russians are baffled by these bright blue dogs that appeared near an acid factory.
- In less disconcerting colorful animal news, a Belgian photographer snapped some photos of a never-before-seen yellow penguin.
- May you enjoy the shoveling of snow as much as this pup:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today