- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A property management company being sued by an incredibly wealthy sheikh claims the sheikh had forgotten he owned a castle in Spain; the castle's employees allegedly said that no one had visited in 17 years and that the sheets were still being changed weekly.
- Vice President Pence's planned bus tour of Florida was canceled because of spiking COVID-19 cases.
- A reporter who attended President Trump's Tulsa rally now has coronavirus.
- Migrant children must be released from detention centers due to the pandemic, a federal judge decided on Friday.
- Elected officials in California want actor John Wayne's name taken off John Wayne Airport because of his racist views.
- The mayor of St. Louis read the names and addresses of protesters who want to defund the police in a now-deleted Facebook video.
- Björk is planning three concerts in a Reykajavik music hall in August, to raise money for women's domestic violence charities. Iceland has had 1,830 COVID-19 cases and 10 related deaths.
- The NYPD is seeking a suspected serial pervert accused of exposing himself over the past nine months in Sunset Park.
- Actress Alison Brie is finally apologizing for voicing the Vietnamese character Diane Nguyen on Bojack Horseman.
- The Simpsons will finally cast actors of color to portray characters like Apu, Carl Carlson, and Dr. Hibbert.
- And who is a bad dog?
Extra, Extra: St. Louis Mayor Accused Of Doxxing Protesters Who Want To Defund Police
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: