- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- An Irish girl reportedly spotted the first walrus ever identified in Ireland — one theory is that it fell asleep on an Arctic iceberg and floated down in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- All living ex-U.S. presidents appeared in a "get vaccinated" PSA. Oh, except Trump.
- Spring breakers are flocking to Florida and, hey, didn't we see these headlines last year?
- John Oliver took on Tucker Carlson in Sunday's Last Week Tonight, calling him "the most prominent vessel in America for white supremacist talking points.”
- "Aleksander Doba, a Polish adventurer who kayaked alone across the Atlantic at the age of 70 while subsisting on his wife’s fortifying plum jam... died on the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. He was 74." Alex Vadukul of the NY Times has been writing incredible and thoughtful obits for the paper recently.
- China just experienced its worst sandstorm in a decade.
- Not great: "A gaping flaw in SMS lets hackers take over phone numbers in minutes," according to Vice.
- Spring break, but for kittens:
Extra, Extra: Spring Breakers Flocking To Florida And... Wait, Didn't We Go Through This Last Year?
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: