- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Staff writer Jeffrey Toobin has been suspended by The New Yorker after he allegedly masturbated during an an election simulation over Zoom with several of his colleagues.
- President Trump attacked Dr. Anthony Fauci in an incoherent rant today, calling him a "disaster" who has been there for "500 years," and stated that "people are tired of COVID."
- He also berated a reporter for daring to ask him whether he will disclose when he last tested negative for COVID before the next debate. Later he bragged about soliciting bribes at a rally.
- New York City’s government, the largest employer in the city, wants to bring back 25% of its workers to offices by the end of the year, the WSJ reports.
- Local newspapers are dying, but in their place, a nationwide operation of 1,300 local sites have been publishing "coverage that is ordered up by Republican groups and corporate P.R. firms."
- When Fox News passes on your questionable Trump-friendly scoop, you know something is really off: "Fox News was first approached by Rudy Giuliani to report on a tranche of files alleged to have come from Hunter Biden’s unclaimed laptop left at a Delaware computer repair shop, but that the news division chose not to run the story unless or until the sourcing and veracity of the emails could be properly vetted."
- A woman in her thirties died of COVID-19 while she was on a plane about to take off from Arizona to Texas in July.
- A custodian at a NYC public school talked about what it's like doing his job right now: "You can put in these plans, but then you actually have to have bodies in the school and see how they’re going to act. It’s almost as if we’re guinea pigs in some way, and so we adjust it off that—from what we see."
- Times Square Irish pub The Mean Fiddler is closing by the end of the month.
- Vulture profiles 20 up-and-coming comedians—but are they any funny?
- Here is the most Boston thing you'll see this month.
- Watch the first trailer for Netflix's Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, which features Chadwick Boseman's last starring role.
- And finally, if two spooky ghosts show up at your door, you better give them all your candy:
Extra Extra: More Details Emerge On Jeffrey Toobin's Disastrous Zoom Meeting
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: