- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The "Birthday Rabbi," an EMS chaplain who has routinely called medics on their birthdays, seems to have thoroughly annoyed the FDNY.
- A two-year-old boy was struck and killed after running out of an Elmhurst playground to get candy left behind by illegal vendors who were chased from the park by city workers.
- Despite less-than-lukewarm reviews, The Smurfs made bank at the box office this weekend.
- An ex-cop was fatally shot after an argument at a dice game.
- Our favorite chief digital officer, Rachel Sterne, is finally getting some well-deserved attention.
- One teen was killed, and three others were wounded at a George Clinton concert in Ohio.
- Here's a sneak peek of Batman getting beaten up by Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.
- A motorcyclist was struck on the West Side Highway, and taken to the hospital in critical condition with head trauma.
- We guess working at the Krusty Krab just wasn't paying the rent anymore: a man dressed as Spongebob Squarepants robbed a 7-11 in Florida.
Extra, Extra: Spongebob Squarepants Robbed A 7-11
Recent in News
Featured in News
Gov. Kathy Hochul and Mayor Eric Adams are ordering flags at half-staff in memory of those lost.
Read More In: