- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Watch as two women steal over $6K in wigs from a Crown Heights store.
- Check out the awesome trailer for the new sci-fi Terry Gilliam movie.
- The NY Times has some chilling excerpts of inmates’ last words.
- Anthony Weiner has really been embracing his colorful wardrobe lately.
- A sorority girl who bought some bottled water ended up spending the night in jail when overzealous cops mistook her LaCroix sparkling water for a 12-pack of beer.
- A small dog almost caused a massive crash at the Tour De France.
- An Indian airline only wants to hire females from now on to cut down on weight on planes.
- A golf ball scavenger was found stabbed to death near the public golf course in Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx.
- Check out some gorgeous color photos from WWII.
- The carpenters union may go on strike tomorrow, affecting about a dozen commercial construction sites around the city.
- And finally, here are some dogs who love sprinklers:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today