- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- An MTA guard shot a man wielding a screwdriver who was trying to break into a shuttered subway station.
- Elmo sat down with ABC and WNYC to explain hurricanes to kids.
- A New England fisherman found a very rare black and orange lobster!
- Student from 12 NYU dorms were forced to move because of Sandy.
- Star Wars fans are understandably freaking out about the news of new movies.
- Because of Sandy, coffins were lifted above ground in Maryland.
- Pro-tip: you probably shouldn't wear an ironically racist costume for Halloween.
And because it's been an unusual week, to put it mildly, here are some of our best Sandy-related links from today:
- We had dispatches from powerless downtown Manhattan, which at least has been getting some help.
- You better be ready to hitchhike if you want to get to work tomorrow in Manhattan if you're coming from outside the island.
- Here are the 5 best timelapse videos of Sandy.
- Limited subway service will be back tomorrow—check out the MTA's handy limited subway service map!
- And we had a bunch of photo galleries, including: Single Mom And Kids Forced Out Of Public Housing; Exploring The Blacked Out East Village After Dark; and the Photos: Surreal Devastation Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy.
And finally, we all need a good rest after the last couple days—and a pleasant face cleaning wouldn't hurt either: