- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- This excellent interactive NY Times map shows Sandy's flooding impact in granular detail.
- Three New Yorkers are celebrating the gift of life after receiving organs from a hedge fund manager who died of a brain aneurysm.
- BREAKING: Cousin Mark is coming after all, the Onion reports.
- Despite our repeated warnings, Senator John McCain is deep frying a turkey this Thanksgiving.
- A basketball coach for Holy Cross High School in Queens is being investigated after students claimed he talked to them while they showered.
- Gather everyone around the YouTube for the original recording of Arlo Guthrie's hilarious Thanksgiving classic "Alice's Restaurant."
- An estimated 140 vehicles piled up in an accident on a foggy Texas highway this morning, but no deaths have been reported (so far).
- And in what may very well be the photo of the day, an elderly Chinese apartment building stands in the middle of the highway because they refused to move.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today