- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Vox has a sweeping and damning look at the state of the Republican party heading into the election: "The Republican Party has no policy theory for how to contain the coronavirus, nor for how to drive the economy back to full employment. And there is no plan to come up with a plan, nor anyone with both the interest and authority to do so. The Republican Party is broken as a policymaking institution, and it has been for some time."
- The Democratic National Convention begins tonight, with several Republicans and former Trump officials planning to speak.
- Here's a look at the surreal scene at reopened Medieval Times around the country, with socially distanced knighting sessions and masks galore.
- Rose McGowan has accused director Alexander Payne of sexual misconduct which occurred when she was 15.
- You're nobody if you don't have rapid testing available at your swanky private Hamptons soiree.
- Here's just the thing to get you in the mood (or perhaps the exact opposite of that) for election season: an oral history of the Bush-Gore Florida recount.
- The Guardian looks back at David Lynch's Wild At Heart on its 30th anniversary.
- In an op-ed for the Washington Post, the former commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command writes: "President Trump is actively working to undermine every major institution in this country."
- TikTokers are injuring themselves trying to do twerk to "WAP."
- You can't end this Monday without listening to "Cowboy," the latest wonderful new song from Bill Callahan.
- And finally, seals really are just very wet dogs:
Extra Extra: You're Nobody If You Don't Have Rapid COVID Testing Available At Your Next Soiree
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: