- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Actress Kyra Sedgwick cut off the tip of her finger in a kitchen accident.
- An East Village boutique celebrated Canada Day in the best way possible.
- An off-duty police officer was mugged blocks from the 112 Precinct in Forest Hills, Queens.
- Google has launched the Trekker, a new backpack camera that brings Street View where other transportation methods can't go.
- We're sure you get this all the time but your testicles have taste.
- Did you fart in a guy's face at a LI Starbucks? He wants you to do it again.
- It's possible to transplant a human head now, according to science.
- Another dead dolphin washed up on Coney Island.
- David Patraeus will earn a $150,000 salary to teach a three-hour per week course at CUNY.
- And finally, we know firsthand just how treacherous exercise balls can be:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today