- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Catch up with all the twists and turns that happened today with the Brett Kavanaugh hearings here.
- Rebecca Traister wrote about the importance of hearing Christine Blasey Ford's voice yesterday: "The immense power of a woman’s voice raised in perilous and disruptive challenge to white patriarchal power. No doubt to the dismay of the Republican ruling class, people are listening."
- Vox has a fantastic visualization of all the questions Ford and Kavanaugh answered on Thursday, clearly showing just how much Kavanaugh dodged questions while "only Ford made an effort to answer every single question."
- The only decent Kavanaugh hearing/Pulp Fiction mashup is this one.
- Medium spoke to a dozen teenagers about life in America.
- A man was busted for stealing 150 lbs of waffle mix.
- Lorne Michaels let slip that Ariana Grande dropped out of being the musical guest on the season premiere of SNL "for emotional reasons," and Kanye West stepped in to replace her.
- Jesse David Fox makes a convincing case to treat watching SNL like it's a sport.
- Meet the world's most patient cat.
- The FDNY made NYC history this week with its first all-women engine company.
- Scientists have discovered all-female termite societies in Japan.
- A mentally ill Brooklyn man surrendered to police after violating two orders of protection against Craig Finn of The Hold Steady.
- Here are some tips for men on how to talk to the women in their lives.
- An attack on Facebook discovered earlier this week exposed information on nearly 50 million of the social network's users.
- And finally, find yourself a wonderful pile of puppies to roll around in this weekend:
Goldens overload 😍
📹: overlookgoldens pic.twitter.com/KzHuPkKoQW
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) September 28, 2018