- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- CNN reports that during Trump's visit to Calexico, CA last week where he told border agents to block asylum seekers from entering the US contrary to US law, he "also told the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, Kevin McAleenan, that if he were sent to jail as a result of blocking those migrants from entering the US, the President would grant him a pardon."
- Sink your teeth into this NY Times story about rich New Yorkers who employ "an array of personal helpers" so they don't have to leave their apartments or do stuff for themselves.
- The Washington Post has a fun illustrated guide to GOT deaths.
- A man in a motorized wheelchair lit his coat on fire outside the White House today.
- A Long Island sixth-grader says her teacher barred her from picking Trump as her hero for a class project, and then trashed him in front of the class—which sounds like exactly what I'd do in that situation too!
- Palm Springs could soon join Los Angeles and the San Joaquin Valley with the dubious distinction of having the smoggiest air in the nation.
- Ronan Farrow has a pretty solid subway story: "I was eating sushi on the subway, really shoveling it in, and someone spotted me and tried to take a stealthy picture. And then someone else got in the stealth photographer's face and started shouting, 'Let the man eat his damn sushi!' They were still at it when I exited."
- Kelly Sadler, the former White House aide who was let go after she mocked the late Sen. John McCain, is joining the pro-Trump super PAC America First Action to handle communications.
- The NYC Parks Department celebrated magnolia and cherry blossoms in full bloom in Washington Square Park with this pleasant video.
- Look inside some glorious abandoned secret mansions in Italy.
- And finally, this puppy is my Friday afternoon spirit animal:
This is the favourite video of the day 🐕 pic.twitter.com/CefhR3yyFY
— puppybowl (@puppybol) April 12, 2019