- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Two more women have come forward to accuse R. Kelly of sexual misconduct when they were underage.
- Peter Tork, founding member of the Monkees, has died at 77.
- Drew Magary writes about the emergence of a male archetype "who isn't interested in what other people think about him, and what that means for the rest of us."
- Film journalism is doing just fine, why do you ask?
- Headline of the day: "Dog owner fights off coyote with coffee cup: ‘I smashed him.'"
- A judge has banned Roger Stone from speaking publicly about his case after he posted an Instagram attacking her: "Today, I gave you a second chance. This is not baseball, you don’t get a third chance."
- Check out the first trailer for the second season of Fleabag.
- A judge ruled that federal prosecutors, including U.S. Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta, broke federal law when they signed a plea agreement with wealthy, politically-connected sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein.
- A musical about Star Wars will launch Off-Broadway in May.
- What does Brooklyn smell like? Buy this candle—which apparently was inspired by the scent of Carroll Gardens' Clover Club—to find out.
- De Blasio is apparently headed to events in Des Moines and Sioux City as part of his delusional 2020 exploratory journey—but when will he find time to go to the Park Slope Y???
- Guy Webster, the photographer behind tons of iconic album covers for the likes of The Mamas and The Papas, Tim Buckley, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, The Beach Boys, Captain Beefheart and more, has died.
- And finally, put your headphones on for this one:
UNMUTE THIS, YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS pic.twitter.com/JDtIN9qmzN
— sɪɴ¨̮ || sope fs📌 (@jingerbreadmin) February 19, 2019