- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Climate change is also altering the earth’s polar motion. Probably nothing to worry about.
- Here's the trailer for Koyaanistocksi, a remake of the original Koyaanisqatsi trailer made entirely with watermarked stock photography.
- This writer is on an entertaining hunt for NY Times dining critic Pete Wells.
- A mugger tried to rob a Chinese restaurant delivery man at knifepoint in the Bronx, but ended up getting stabbed by his intended victim.
- A Canadian triathlon champion has been accused of cheating.
- Enjoy this oral history of The Four Seasons restaurant.
- The trailer for The Family Fang, directed by Jason Bateman and co-starring Nicole Kidman and Christopher Walken, is quite promising.
- Watch SpaceX land a rocket on a barge.
- The NY Times mapped a third of the imprisoned terrorists across the United States.
- And finally, here's a crazy video showing how you can blow up a watermelon with rubber bands:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today