- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Police fatally shot a man wearing a fake explosive device who allegedly stabbed pedestrians in a terrorist attack on the London Bridge.
- A freak winter storm lashed southern California yesterday, dropping several inches of snow and frustrating Thanksgiving travelers.
- The body of a man found in an apartment freezer in Salt Lake City, Utah may have been stashed there for over a decade.
- Video shows a car bursting into flames on the side of the Prospect Expressway.
- A Baby Shark stuffed animal took a bullet for a sleeping toddler in Wisconsin.
- The NY Times looks at the turmoil behind the scenes of the flagging Kamala Harris campaign: "I have never seen an organization treat its staff so poorly."
- A new outdoor exhibition by the Central Park Conservancy remembers Seneca Village, Manhattan’s "first significant settlement of black property owners," which was torn down to make Central Park.
- A van driver making a left turn killed a woman crossing a street in Woodside this morning.
- The NY Public Library is offering "the best Black Friday deal ever."
- Johnny Depp is producing, deep breath, "a musical about the life of Michael Jackson that will be told from the perspective of the late singer’s famous sequin glove.”
- May the rest of your day be as relaxing as a hedgehog in a warm bath:
Extra, Extra: Remembering The 'Black Utopia' Destroyed To Create Central Park
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: