- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump has finally acknowledged that journalist Jamal Khashoggi is dead.
- But here's a horrifying sentence from a NY Times report on how the White House is handling the situation with Saudi Arabia: "Mr. Kushner has argued that the outrage over Mr. Khashoggi’s disappearance and possible killing will pass, just as it did after other Saudi errors like the kidnapping of the prime minister of Lebanon and the killing of a busload of children in Yemen."
- Okay, wash the taste of that out of your mouth with this lovely Washington Post story about a gay interracial couple (both of whom were named Harold).
- Comedy Cellar owner Noam Dworman really loves to pontificate about Louis C.K. and free speech.
- The New Yorker argues that fraud is the Trump Organization's main business model.
- The NY Times features eight stories about men's #MeToo regrets, but here is a deeply disturbing sentence from the intro: "There were multiple submissions that discussed participating in gang rapes."
- Somebody please put this poor deformed world's biggest pumpkin out of its misery.
- Banksy posted a video showing that his painting Girl With Balloon was supposed to be totally shredded.
- The Atlantic gave Heidi Cruz a sympathetic profile, but the detail everyone is talking about is the fact Ted Cruz insisted on "A Whole New World" from Aladdin being played at their wedding.
- Free advice: stop trying to trick people into registering to vote by posting fake news about celebrity couples.
- The Met and the Brooklyn Museum announced they will not use Saudi funds that had been slated to support programs on Middle Eastern art.
- How is this not The Onion???
- Cardi B is giving away coats in The Bronx today.
- And finally, stop spookin' this curious Dalmatian!
Cutest dog ever 😭
📽️ig: jasper_the_dalmatian pic.twitter.com/xCefwiL6rJ
— Nature is Amazing ☘️ (@AMAZlNGNATURE) October 18, 2018