- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- After eight months of travel into space, watch NASA's Curiosity Rover mission on Mars live in Times Square on August 6th.
- Scarlett Johansson is off-the-grid, even makes her boyfriend contact her through her assistant.
- For the first time ever, the U.S. Postal service will default on its congressionally mandated $5.5 billion payment to the U.S. Treasury.
- Paging Mulder and Scully: mysterious crop circles have appeared in a wheat field in Washington State.
- PSA: if you haven't been watching Sex House, you need to watch Sex House.
- Jerry Sandusky thinks the sanctions on Penn State are "ridiculous." Ugh.
- Finally: hide all those obnoxious baby updates your friend's post on Facebook and replace them with "awesome stuff."
- Has your kitteh put on a few extra pounds? Snap up a pair of slimming Cat Spanx!
- Taylor Swift has the worst taste in men: Now she's apparently entranced by a Kennedy.
- Like, Sonic is totally advertising to stoners, man!
- And finally, a little kitten blows some bath time soap bubbles:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today