- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Satirist Jon Stewart has poked his head out from under Colbert's desk to weigh in on current events with the NY Times.
- The head of the union that represents the city's lifeguards says it's unlikely the Parks Department pools will open this summer.
- Police departments across the country are using sophisticated facial recognition technology to identify and monitor protesters.
- Here's a haunting video update on one New Yorker's toilet rat "situation."
- The Times asks where the acronym BIPOC came from and whether it's working.
- Six former eBay executives and employees are facing federal charges for allegedly stalking a couple who they believed were critical of eBay, sending them “disturbing deliveries” including a bloody pig mask and live cockroaches.
- See photographer Isaac Scott's powerful images from the recent protests against racist police violence in Philadelphia.
- Sushi-lover Jeremy Piven will talk to you over Zoom for $15,000.
- Inside the "internal uprising" over racial inequity at the LA Times.
- The best deepfake detector Facebook found only catches about two-thirds of altered videos.
- And finally, let's get up in this hawk's face and see what happens?
Extra, Extra: Rat Moseys Out Of Manhattan Toilet And Into Our Nightmares
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: